Chargement
Please waiting...

Nous serons en congés du 24 Décembre au 05 Janvier 2023.

Book your room at the best price !

History

The story of a hundred-year-old family home

This is the story of our hundred-year-old house. It is not that of any ordinary hotel-restaurant. Within the same family for four generations, it has been the focus of all those events that rhythm everyday life, both happy and sad, giving the Auberge du Pont du Chalon its special family atmosphere.

May 1912

Official opening of the Café du Pont du Chalon and the Izérable joiner's workshop.
Lucien Izérable, joiner and café owner, with his wife, Marie Dauthun, move into their new house with their children, Raymond and Lucienne.

July 1912

A new arrival in the family, their second son Maurice.

November 1918

Lucien passes away, leaving Marie to run the business along with Raymond, aged 17, who takes over from his father in the workshop.

May 1927

Raymond marries Léontine Paillerey.
He keeps on the joinery business while Léontine and Marie,on weekends, turn the café into a restaurant for families wanting to eat out on special occasions.
On Saturday evenings or Sunday mornings, the café also serves as a hairdressing salon. Indeed, Raymond often swaps his chisel for a pair of scissors!
After the war in the 1940s, people want to have fun again and on the first Sunday in July, the café forecourt becomes a vast restaurant during the local fair.
Meanwhile, Raymond and Léontine have started a family, they have two daughters, Raymonde and Simone, the café becomes a hub of youthful activity!

April 1966

Raymond has retired from his joinery business.
Simone has married Jean-Claude Milan, a chef, so quite naturally, in turn, they move into the Café du Pont du Chalon.
The joiner's workshop becomes a restaurant and the Café du Pont du Chalon takes on its new name – L'Auberge du Pont du Chalon.
The story continues

1974

Simone and Jean-Claude expand the family business.
Above the restaurant they build nine rooms (a two star graded establishment, classified by Logis de France).
They add on a second function room.
Wedding receptions, school or family reunions rhythm the activity of the restaurant, the seasons that of the hotel.
On a more personal level, the family, too, has grown, with the arrival of three children – Patrick, Philippe and Catheryne.

April 1998

Catheryne and husband Stéphane Ginot take over the Auberge.
In turn, they too modernize it, paying particular attention to the decor.
Each room is unique, each function room has its own style, so that every guest, on stepping over the threshold, should feel « at home »

May 2012

We have reached the hundred-year mark ! The story continues...

September 2012

We are awarded our third star for the Hotel.

March 2013

The nine rooms are refurbished in a more contemporary style with Queen-sized bedding (160x200),minibar and air-conditioning !!!

July 2015

Plans to expand the Hotel with four extra rooms.

January 2016

In the end we decide on a new look for the restaurant instead, keeping in mind its past.
The glasswork recalls its original activity – the joiner's workshop. A new decor, but still the same main theme – cosy but chic !!
2016 is also the year we choose our new logo.